1 attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates; "his smile was part of his appeal to her" [syn: appeal, appealingness]
2 a verbal formula believed to have magical force; "he whispered a spell as he moved his hands"; "inscribed around its base is a charm in Balinese" [syn: spell, magic spell]
3 something believed to bring good luck [syn: good luck charm]
1 attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the men's hearts" [syn: capture, enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant]
2 control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft [syn: becharm]
3 protect through supernatural powers or charms
4 induce into action by using one's charm; "She charmed him into giving her all his money" [syn: influence, tempt]
- A small trinket on a
bracelet or chain, etc.
- She wears a charm bracelet on her wrist.
- An object, act or words believed to have magic power.
- A charm against evil
- It works like a charm.
- A charm against evil
- The ability to persuade, delight, or arouse admiration; often constructed
in the plural.
- He had great personal charm.
- She tried to win him over with her charms.
- He had great personal charm.
- A property of some subatomic particles.
quality of inspiring delight or admiration
property of subatomic particle
- Japanese: (chāmu)
- charm; the ability to persuade, delight, or arouse admiration
Charm or charms may refer to:
In paranormal magic:
- Lucky charms such as amulets, touch pieces and painted pebbles
- Charm bracelet, an item of jewelry worn around the wrist that carries personal charms
- Spell (paranormal), when a charm is a spell, it is usually traditional in form and often in verse
- Similar to blessing, the infusion of something with holiness, divine will, or one's hopes
- Charmer, a practitioner of folk magic
- Charmed, a television show about witches
- Charms, a subject taught in Harry Potter
- Mobile phone charms, for use on cellular/mobile phones
- Charmed, one of two musical groups
- Charm or charisma, a number of socially desirable characteristics such as courtesy, wit and sexiness
- Charm, an album by American producer/rapper Danny!
- Charms, a pseudonymous spelling of Russian poet Daniil Kharms
- Charms, a brand of candy produced by Tootsie Roll Industries
- Lucky Charms, a brand of breakfast cereal
- Prince Charming, a traditional name for a fairy tale hero
- Snake charming, a performance involving the control of snakes
- Charm++, a C++ based parallel programming language
- Charm, a magical spell frequently found in role-playing games that allows the spellcaster to take control of another being.
- Mobile phone charms, light-up keychain devices which indicate incoming calls or messages.
charm in Danish: Charme
charm in German: Charme
charm in Persian: افسون
absorb, absorb the attention, adorability, agacerie, agreeability, agreeableness, alchemy, allay, allure, allurement, amiability, amulet, anklet, appeal, appealingness, argue into, armlet, arrest, ascendancy, assuage, attract, attraction, attractiveness, authority, bait, baited trap, bangle, beads, beauteousness, beautifulness, beauty, beauty unadorned, becharm, beguile, beguilement, beguiling, bevy, bewitch, bewitchery, bewitchment, bijou, bind, blandishment, bloom, bracelet, breastpin, bring over, bring round, bring to reason, brooch, cajolery, calm, cantrip, captivate, captivation, carry away, cast a spell, catch, chain, chaplet, charisma, charmingness, charms, chatelaine, circle, cloud, clout, come-hither, come-on, con, conjuration, consequence, control, convince, coronet, covey, credit, crown, cultivation, culture, curse, decoy, decoy duck, delectate, delight, delightfulness, desirability, diadem, divination, dominance, domination, draw, draw on, draw over, drawcard, drawing card, earring, effect, elegance, eminence, enamor, enchant, enchantment, endear, endearment, engage, engage the attention, engage the thoughts, engross, engross the mind, engross the thoughts, enrapture, enravish, enravishment, enthrall, enthrallment, enticement, entrance, entrancement, entrapment, esteem, evil eye, exercise, exorcism, exquisiteness, extraordinarily, fascinate, fascination, favor, fetish, fetishism, flight, flirtation, flock, fob, folklore, forbidden fruit, force, freak out, fylfot, gaggle, gain, gain over, gammadion, gem, glamour, glow, good feeling, good-luck charm, grab, grace, gramarye, gratefulness, grip, ground bait, handsomeness, hex, hive, hold, hold in thrall, hold spellbound, hold the interest, hoodoo, hook, hook in, hypnotize, immerse, imparadise, importance, incantation, incidental power, inducement, infatuate, inflame with love, influence, influentiality, insinuation, interest, intrigue, inveiglement, invitation, invitingness, involve, involve the interest, jewel, jinx, juju, jujuism, knock dead, knock out, leadership, leverage, likability, locket, lore, lovability, love charm, loveliness, lovesomeness, luck, lucky bean, lucky piece, lure, luxury, madstone, magic, magic spell, magnetism, magnetize, malocchio, mascot, mastery, mesmerize, miraculously, moment, monopolize, mumbo jumbo, murmuration, natural magic, necklace, necromancy, nose ring, obeah, obsess, occupy, occupy the attention, outtalk, overcome, perfectly, periapt, personality, persuade, persuasion, philter, phylactery, pin, plague, polish, popular belief, potency, power, precious stone, predominance, preoccupy, preponderance, pressure, prestige, prettiness, prevail on, prevail upon, prevail with, pulchritude, pull, purchase, ravish, refinement, reign, repute, rhinestone, ring, rule, rune, say, scarab, scarabaeus, scarabee, seduce, seducement, seduction, seductiveness, sell, sell one on, send, sensuousness, sex appeal, shamanism, skein, slay, snare, snaring, soothe, sophistication, sorcery, sortilege, spell, spellbind, spellbinding, spellcasting, spring, stickpin, stone, suasion, suavity, subdue, subtle influence, successfully, sudarium, suggestion, superstition, superstitiousness, supremacy, swarm, swastika, sway, sweetness, sympathetic magic, take, take up, talisman, talk into, talk over, tantalization, tantalize, tantalizingness, tempt, temptation, temptingness, thaumaturgia, thaumaturgics, thaumaturgism, thaumaturgy, the beautiful, theurgy, thrill, tiara, tickle, tickle pink, titillate, torque, tradition, transport, trap, upper hand, urbanity, vamp, vampirism, veronica, voluptuousness, voodoo, voodooism, wampum, wanga, wangle, wangle into, watch, wear down, weight, weird, whammy, whip hand, white magic, wile, win, win over, winning ways, winningness, winsomeness, witch, witchcraft, witchery, witchwork, wizardry, wooing, wow, wristband, wristlet